Thursday

Builders Contest of second life

Ayumura SIM owned by ayumi Hammerer is a Japanese community
SIM.  The owner ayumi is a hard working, smart and intelegent young
lady who  always trys her best to offer many events and activities for
new residents of second life such as live concerts, radio, games and
contests. I was always amazed by how active this owner is. Amazingly
 she does everything by herself from making songs, performing, to
hosting all events. Ayumi is one of the most active and well known
event host for second life japanese user.

What made me lead to this SIM is that at this ayumura, from time to
time there is a very interesting building competetion going on.
At the begining of this year there was a home building contest which
I had a wonderful and fun experience. This was the first time I had
participated in a event like these but usually when I think about
conpetetion in second life, I have a bad image like it is fake or cheat
or a made up thing but at this contest it is all about having fun building,
meeting new people, and exchanging thoughts on something that you
love which in this case is creating buildings.

 I think that this is because the owner had made a decision that she
chooses who wins just by what SHE likes. So it doesn't really matter
if you are good at building or not, it all depends on wether the owner
likes it or not lol
It's Her SIM, Her Rules and that is just fine with me because I wasn't
in for the prize money or anything, I just love to build and I love to
see others too.

For the home building contest, the rules were like this:
1. Size:10m x 20m x 13m
2. Under 100 prims(including interiors)
3. SIM friendly (No overusing scripts)
4. Open design yet private
5. Naturally fits the SIM's views and concept
6. A house that you can enjoy for all season
7. Bathtub is a plus (this is just because the owner wanted it)

This is what I made:


This was nominated for "The best house to live". yey :D

So just like that there was also a skybox building contest in
April and a cafe building contest in October.

Nominated "Special award" for final selection of Grand prix

Nominated "Best Design Award"


All contests were a fun and unforgetable experience for me and
I'd like to recommend for people that loves to build or wants to
challenge in creating buildings in second life. Unfortunately it
is a Japanese community and the owner cannot speak english
but if somebody really wants to participate, I'd be happy to help
to negotiate  entering and joining the fun : )
That is of course for the next building contest, which I don't
know when but if I find out I will post an article again :D

Ayumura
http://slurl.com/secondlife/ayuhama/ayumura/93/181/21